This is a collection of things that will help to make your browsing more useful, and enjoyable. It certainly favors Chrome. You’re welcome.
These things are generally for Google Chrome for the desktop environment. Download Google Chrome if you have not already. You can also download the
You can also download these other versions:
- Google Chrome Beta · This is kind of bleeding edge, until you realize that Canary seems more bleeding edge, and even that’s not the bleeding edge.
- Google Chrome Canary (think Alpha, sort of) · There used to be a Dev Channel. Dev Channel seems to be gone, and this seems to have replaced it, though they used to live side-by-side.
- Chromium (think “Nightly”) · This can make Canary (alpha) look like the stable/production build.
I am migrating the content of my other site (fun.wd2.us) over to this site. And this is the first work in that effort. Both sites are maintained, so this is not an attempt to archive, but to consolidate. I hope you find this stuff useful.
Google Chrome Extensions
- Session Buddy · Manage Your Browser Sessions ★★ AMAZING‼‼ ★★
- Bookmark Manager (by Google) · Bookmarking made easier with the smarts of Google Search and a new modern UI.
- Close Duplicate Tab · Close tabs which are duplicated. Only tabs with exact URL matches are closed.
- Quick Tabs · A keyboard centric most recently used (MRU) ordered tab list plugin with search and switch functionality inspired by IntelliJ IDEA
- Bitly · Shorten, measure, and optimize your links.
- Send from Gmail (by Google) · Makes Gmail your default email application and provides a button to compose a Gmail message to quickly share a link via email
- Stylish · Customize any website to your color scheme in 1 click, thousands of user styles with beautiful themes, skins & free backgrounds. Learn more about it and extend it at userstyles.org.
- Merge Windows · Merge all browser windows in one
- Tampermonkey · The world’s most popular userscript manager
- WAVE Evaluation Tool · Evaluate web accessibility within the Chrome browser.
- Page Analytics (by Google) · The Page Analytics Chrome Extension allows you to see how customers interact with your web pages.
- LastPass: Free Password Manager · LastPass, an award-winning password manager, saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device.
- Ratings Preview for YouTube™ · Show the likes and dislikes bar over every video thumbnail in YouTube so that you can know its rating before watching it.
Keyboard Shortcuts or Keybindings
You can set keybindings ([keyboard] shortcuts) for your extensions in Chrome (
chrome://extensions/). Go to the bottom of the extensions settings “page”. And there will be a link that says “Keyboard shortcuts”. Go wild.
I maintain multiple versions and profiles (“People”) in Chrome. I use themes to help me to recognize which session I am in more easily.
- ★ Colors (Splatter Paint) – Side
- Ocean Pacific
- Atlantic Canary
- Black Carbon + Silver Metal
- Legal Pad
- ★ Topography – Work
- Classic (Solid, but a touch boring)
- Google Science Fair 2013
- ★ Grass – Home
You can also create your own themes at ThemeBeta.com. And you can download my themes: